Owning a motorcycle can be an enjoyable and thrilling experience. It can, however, go from great to bad in a heartbeat. At Morgan Insurance Services in Tampa, FL, we want you to continue enjoying your motorcycle.
Here are three things to do to make sure you continue enjoying your ownership and riding experience:
- Always wear a helmet and protective gear. Motorcycle accidents happen daily, so lessen your risk of serious injury by always wearing a helmet and investing in other protective equipment like riding boots and full-coverage leather.
- Know the motorcycle laws in your area. Motorcycles are often governed by different driving laws than regular autos. Know the differences and always follow the law.
- Be aware of your surroundings. A motorcycle is easily missed by autos sharing the road. As a motorcyclist, it is important to practice defensive riding and always be aware of your surroundings to avoid an accident due to another driver’s carelessness.
Invest in Storage
- Riding a motorcycle is a seasonal affair, and it’s common for a motorcycle to sit unused for several months when the weather prevents riding it daily. Investing in indoor storage, such as a garage or storage unit, is vital to keep your motorcycle safe from the elements, theft, and other damage that might occur when storing it outside.
Get a Good Insurance Policy
- Most importantly, contact Morgan Insurance Services in Tampa, FL to ensure you have the right motorcycle coverage level. Talk with one of our insurance agents today to go over options for motorcycle coverage and find the best fit for you and your riding style. Our motorcycle insurance options will keep you enjoying owning your motorcycle all year.
Whether planning a short weekend ride or an extended road trip, preparing for the unexpected is essential. Morgan Insurance Services, serving Tampa, FL, wants you to make the most of your ride, so we’ve compiled some tips to help you plan for any interruptions that may arise during your motorcycle trip.
1. Ensure You Have The Right Insurance
Motorcycle trips can be full of surprises, some of them unwelcome. Having comprehensive coverage for your motorcycle trip will help protect you in the event of an unexpected incident. It’s essential to ensure you have the right coverage for your motorcycle and any other vehicles or items you bring.
2. Bring Extra Supplies
No one likes surprises, especially when riding on a motorcycle. It pays to be prepared, so make sure to bring an extra set of tools, a spare tire, and other essential supplies. It would be best if you also considered packing some non-perishable food items and an emergency kit with first aid supplies.
3. Stay In Touch
Before you head out on your trip, share your plans with friends and family. Let them know when you’ll be leaving, your route, and when you plan to return. Make sure to check in with them regularly throughout your trip, and make sure someone can reach you in case of an emergency.
4. Choose Your Route Carefully
When planning a motorcycle trip, always research the area and roads you will take. Before leaving, look up potential road closures, detours, and other warnings. Keep an eye on the weather to ensure your route won’t be affected by any severe weather.
Stay Safe On Your Motorcycle Trip With Morgan Insurance Services
Preparing for the unexpected can make all the difference in your motorcycle trip. Morgan Insurance Services serving Tampa, FL, can provide you with comprehensive coverage and peace of mind to enjoy your adventure. Contact us today for more information on our motorcycle policies.
Morgan Insurance Services is here to provide insurance help for motorcycle enthusiasts in the greater Tampa, FL area. It’s important to keep yourself, your bike, and your passengers safe, and we can help!
Follow these safety basics and enjoy your ride
Owning a motorcycle, especially in sunny Florida, is a great way to get outside and enjoy our area’s amazing weather. These safety basics can help you enjoy the open road while keeping yourself and your passengers safe.
- Be aware of the weather and any upcoming changes. Thunderstorms can roll in quickly, so it’s best to be prepared. Take the time to check the forecast before setting out for the day. Be prepared with foul weather gear, or just stay off the roads until they are dry.
- Keep your bike well maintained. It’s important to avoid breakdowns and spin-outs. By keeping your bike in shape, you can make sure that it’s running as well as you need it to.
- Have the right insurance in place to cover any expenses related to accidents, theft, or other mishaps.
- Keep yourself aware. Don’t ride if you are under the influence. And avoid difficult roads if you aren’t feeling 100%.
- Give your passengers the information they need to stay safe and act as responsible riders.
When you own a bike you know how important safety is. Follow these basic tips and stay safe out there on the road.
Find out more about motorcycle insurance today!
If you are a motorcycle owner in the metro Tampa, FL area, you can count on Morgan Insurance Services for all of your insurance needs. Call today and learn more about the motorcycle insurance policy options available in our area.
Motorcycles can be a great mode of transport or simply to cruise around the state. Florida is one of the states with the highest number of motorcycles currently riding the roads. Motorcycle insurance in Florida is not a legal requirement. While this may seem like good news for the wallet, in the case of an accident or theft, insurance always has your back. We explain your options for motorcycle insurance below.
Give Morgan Insurance Services in Tampa, FL a call to receive motorcycle insurance quotes. Our agents can give you different quote options to choose from so that you buy the insurance fight for you.
When motorcycle insurance becomes a must
While motorcycle insurance is not a legal obligation in Florida, in some cases you can’t get around it. When you buy a motorcycle, you still need to go show that financially you could cover the costs of an accident should you have one. If you can’t, you need to get the insurance that covers you for accidents.
The same rule counts if you don’t wear a helmet while riding your motorcycle. You either wear a helmet or you get insurance when riding helmetless.
As you can read, motorcycle insurance is very flexible and you can weigh up the pros and cons of getting it if you don’t financially need to. However, the cost of an accident or replacing your motorcycle in case of theft is almost always a more expensive investment than insurance is.
If you are ready to discuss motorcycle options with us, call Morgan Insurance Services in Tampa, FL and we will gladly help you look through your motorcycle insurance options.
Owning a motorcycle brings with it a certain type of excitement and freedom. Although this is one of the important reasons for owning a motorcycle, motorcycle enthusiasts must also realize that bike ownership comes with a special kind of responsibility. At Morgan Insurance Services, serving Tampa, FL, we are committed to helping bike owners like you make the best insurance choices. Understanding how motorcycle insurance works is the first step.
What’s the Difference Between Motorcycle and Auto Insurance?
Many people think that a motorcycle will fall under the same type of policy as a regular automobile. The truth is, a motorcycle policy is a specially designed policy to meet the special needs and risk factors of bike owners. To make sure you are sufficiently covered, it is important to make sure you have the right kind of policy to prevent yourself from being left financially vulnerable.
What Does Motorcycle Insurance Cover?
Motorcycle insurance will provide increased personal injury coverage because a biker is at increased risk of injury when they do not have a protective vehicle surrounding them. During a wreck, the biker is at greater risk of serious injury. Motorcycle insurance will also provide important liability insurance coverage, which will kick in if the biker is the cause of a wreck that produces damage and injuries to others. These are important types of coverage to have. Motorcycle insurance policies also offer a pause feature so that you can pause your coverage and save money during extended periods of non-use of your bike. This is a helpful feature for bikers who do not use their bike all year.
If you would like to learn more about our services, please contact Morgan Insurance Services, serving Tampa, FL. We will be happy to answer your insurance questions today.
Motorcycle insurance in Tampa, FL may seem like a reasonably uncomplicated thing. You need a certain amount of coverage, so you buy a certain amount of coverage. It’s only when you need to file a claim that things might become messy. To avoid this, you may need to plan so you don’t have to worry about whether or not you’ll get the help you need when you need it the most. Morgan Insurance Services is here to give you a few tips on when to upgrade your coverage.
When Your Motorcycle Is Worth More
Vehicles are generally not known for increasing in value after you drive them off the lot. While there are exceptions to every rule, the vast majority of people will assume that their car decreases in value over time. But what if you install aftermarket LED lighting? Or an expensive stereo system, so you never miss a note on the road? All of these little improvements may not be covered if you weren’t upfront with your insurance company at the time of sign up.
When You Need More Coverage
Motorcycle drivers face a unique number of threats on the road. From liability to bodily injury, you may want to check the limits on your policy. In many cases, the bare minimum is just not enough if you’re going to protect yourself and anyone you might take along with you.
No doubt having the right amount of coverage can give you peace of mind on the road. Morgan Insurance Services in Tampa, FL would like to help you figure it out. If you want to understand more about how your policy will work in the real world, give us a call today to have your questions answered.